I always get asked “What color shadow looks best with brown eyes?” I could just list off a bunch of eyeshadow colors, but instead I’ve decided to create a look for you guys with some of my favorite products. A few weeks ago, we got the chance to meet some amazing ladies from Colour Pop. To be honest, I had never used the brand before, but I was excited to see what it was all about. They’re famous for their super shock shadows that are super sparkly & metallic (pictured above). Out of all the products we got to try, I have to say my favorite thing was their bronzer and highlighter palette. It is probably the best bronzer & highlighter powder palate I’ve ever used! It goes on so smooth! You will love it.
My first look is a bronze & beautiful natural look. You can wear this look any day and with pretty much any outfit you choose. (I don’t know how to take those super professional make-up pics yet, but I will learn and it will only get better from here! I promise!)
To watch the quick video tutorial, visit my instagram post! Here is the order I used the products in:
2. Add a neutral saddle shade into the crease – this creates the perfect base and allows any color you put on top to blend in perfectly. I used the color “Matt Evans” from the Meet Matt(e) Trimony Palette! (see number 5 below)
5. Meet Matt(e) Trimony Palette, color Matt Kumar – use this red-tone shadow to blend into the crease, and I mean BLEND! Blend until you no longer see any lines – I love the matte shadows from this palette! They have amazing pigment and blend so smoothly.
6. Tarte Sex Kitten eyeliner – for brown eyes like mine, I love using a super black liner. I have just started using this felt-tip liner from Tarte and I am OBSESSED!
7. Tarte Tarteist Mascara– This mascara is probably the best I’ve ever used, and I’m a mascara freak! I love the brush because it really separates all the lashes.
8. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – An undereye concealer that is truly everything they say it is!! It brightens, conceals and feels weightless. I use a clean fluffy eyeshadow brush to blend this in. I also got a shade lighter than my skin tone to add extra highlight.
10. ColourPop Double Play Bronzer– I use a big fluffy bronzing brush to apply bronzer to the contours of my face. Then I switch back to the brush I used for concealer and apply the highlight to my cheek bones.